In my experience, a home isn’t a dream home because of its room dimensions. It’s about how you feel when you walk through the front door, and the way you can instantly envision your life unfolding there. This is about more than real estate – it‘s about your life and your dreams.
I understand you are looking for a new home, and I want to be the real estate professional to help you. I work with each of my clients individually, taking the time to understand their unique needs and lifestyle, and I want to do the same for you.
It’s incredibly fulfilling to know I am helping my clients open a new chapter of their lives. That’s why I work so hard to not only find that perfect home, but also to handle every last detail of the purchase process, from negotiating the terms of sale to recommending moving companies.
Often times, the most difficult part of the process is determining where to start. I have broken the process down to five simple steps that will ensure you take the necessary steps to purchasing your next home without added stress.
1. Contact a local lender who lives and works in the Tampa Bay area. Having a local lender will provide you with the advantage you need in today’s competitive and fast paced real estate market. Your lender should have a strong reputation for properly approving clients so you know exactly how much you will be putting down on a home, what your financing options are, and how they will ensure an on time closing. Don’t have a lender yet? I can help you with that. As a Realtor I have had the privilege of experiencing who in our area exceeds expectations so I only recommend those that I know will do the same for you.
2. Find a Realtor that will represent your best interest throughout the purchase process. It is important to know that you are working with a professional who is on your side and understands the importance of your search criteria, budget, and is able to collaborate with your lender to ensure your goals are achieved.
3. Participate in your home search. Searching for homes online can be quick and easy but don’t forget that seeing a home in person is the best way to determine if it is a good fit. Drive by the homes that interest you before setting up a showing to determine if the location, neighborhood, and nearby amenities meet your needs. Even if you are familiar with the area, driving by the home allows you to view the area with a fresh set of eyes. Once you have driven by we will set up a showing to see the inside.
4. Preview the inside of homes with your Realtor. Your Realtor provides the service of gathering information about a property from public records and the listing agent and sets up showings for you to tour the inside. As you tour the inside of homes, keep in mind your long term goals of home ownership. Paint and minor cosmetic changes can be done over time. It is important to consider the overall condition of the home and what items may require a budget for repair.
5. When making an offer, be sure to review the entire process with your Realtor so you are prepared for the steps following acceptance. Today’s real estate market is competitive and fast paced so be sure to make a strong offer that stays within your means while also achieves your purchase goals.